004 – Women’s Hormones and Sleep with Jessica Drummond
We have Jessica Drummond, founder and CEO of The Integrative Women’s Health Institute and the author of Outsmart Endometriosis. She is passionate about caring for and empowering people who struggle with women’s and pelvic health concerns. Dr. Drummond has two decades of clinical experience as a licensed physical therapist, licensed clinical nutritionist, and board certified health coach working with women with pelvic pain, including endometriosis, vulvodynia, and bladder pain syndrome. She brings a unique, conservative and integrative approach to supporting women to overcome hormonal imbalances, and chronic pain conditions. She is a sought after international speaker on topics such as integrative pelvic pain management, natural fertility options, optimal hormone health, menopause, and female athlete nutrition. She lives and works from her home and offices in Fairfield, Connecticut and Houston, Texas reaching thousands of clients and professional students in over 60 countries through her virtual practice and educational programs.
In this episode, Jessica and Deepa talk about the hormone and sleep connection. Jessica explains hormones as the expert that she is in the space of women’s health. She breaks down hormones and sleep wonderfully, leaving you with actionable tools to help you on your sleep journey.
In this episode, we dive into:
- Jessica’s personal story and why is she so passionate about women’s health?
- Times of really poor sleep in Jessica’s life. What caused it and how did it impact her hormones and her health as a woman?
- Do hormones cause poor sleep? Women talk and joke about insomnia at very specific stages of the cycle. Typically, when do women lose sleep? What causes this at different times? What causes women’s hormones to keep them up at night?
- Sleep deprivation can wreak havoc on women’s hormones as well. What happens to a woman’s cycle if she has perpetuating insomnia that she ignores? What can that lead to?
- What are the symptoms that a woman who is constantly sleeping poorly experiences?
- It is hard to force sleep when it is poor. A walk through how a woman can support hormonal health to encourage better sleep.
- Are there some superfoods that help women’s hormones or is it more about sequential work on systems? What are some of the foods that will help women to have happy hormones and better sleep?
- Does Jessica still have times of poor sleep? What usually triggers it? What is her routine for better sleep? What is the tool she uses to reset her rhythm every year?
For more on Jessica Drummond, you can follow her:
Email: [email protected]
You can also get her books at:
Outsmart Endometriosis – Jessica’s Newest Book at Amazon.com
Nutrition for Relieving Pelvic Pain: Fuelling the Patient/Practitioner Healing Partnership at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K6PDY3R
-For more on Deepa, The Sleep Whisperer, be sure to follow her on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/mysleepwhisperer/ and https://www.instagram.com/phytothrive_yogini/ and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/sleepwhisperer and you can also mail Deepa at [email protected] or find her at www.phytothrive.com.