005 – Sleep, Depression and Aromatherapy with Joanna Rusling
We have Joanna Rusling, Diamond Leader at DoTerra Essential Oils, a dear friend of Deepa talking about Aromatherapy. Joanna started her career 30 years ago in Medical Sciences and pursued medical research investigating antibiotic resistant super bugs. She found her collapsed health and mental illness leading her onto a path of holistic health. She is also a Certified AromaTouch Technique Trainer, Rapid Transformational Therapist (RTT), Certified Hypnotherapist, Certified Functional Nutrition and Lifestyle Practitioner (FNLP). Today she finds great success and satisfaction working with essential oils, functional nutrition using specialist diets, bioenergetics, subconscious retraining using Rapid Transformational Therapy whilst applying medical research from the natural sciences.
We are talking with Joanna about Sleep, Depression and Aromatherapy. This episode is packed with deep personal information and profoundly specific protocols to get you started on supporting your sleep and health through aromatherapy.
In this episode, we dive into:
- Joanna’s deeply personal story of depression and how sleep challenges devastated her. What made her discover aromatherapy and journey towards a healing space?
- What happens in the brain with poor sleep and how it can be a bidirectional axis with depression?
- What happens in each of the stages of sleep? Why do we need to move through them all? How can someone sleep for many hours and perhaps still not have this deep healing sleep?
- Why are we programmed differently at different times of the day for different things? How does this impact when we should ideally be sleeping and waking?
- Where is Joanna in the aromatherapy journey? What is her personal global position in this space. What is the science behind aromatherapy?
- How can aromatherapy be a powerful way to support sleep recovery? What are the scientific and physiological thoughts behind using them?
- Which essential oils can be used to promote better sleep and what is the safest way to use them? Where can someone who does not know much begin without any complication?
- Does Joanna still have times of poor sleep? What usually triggers it? What is her nighttime routine for better sleep?
-For more on Deepa, The Sleep Whisperer, be sure to follow her on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/mysleepwhisperer/ and https://www.instagram.com/phytothrive_yogini/ and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/sleepwhisperer and you can also mail Deepa at [email protected] or find her at www.phytothrive.com and www.sleepwhisperer.pro