006 – Hectic Corporate Job, Time Zones & Sleep with Ganesh Ramakrishnan
We have Ganesh Ramakrishnan talking about Hectic Corporate Job, Time Zones & Sleep. Ganesh Ramakrishnan is ManpowerGroup’s Global Chief Technology Officer. ManpowerGroup is a Fortune 5oo Company. Ganesh came from Citigroup where he most recently was Managing Director, Head of Business Programs and Decision Management for the EMEA Consumer business segment. He is also a published author and a frequent speaker at industry conferences and universities, including London Business School.
If you are in the corporate world, and wear poor sleep as a badge of honour, think again. Ganesh constantly moves through different time zones, and if you listen to this inspiring conversation, you’ll see why Deepa thinks of him as the Planning Genie! Ganesh shares his wise words and actionable steps on how to manage a very hectic life as a highly successful executive!
This episode is packed with deep personal information and profoundly specific protocols to get you started on supporting your sleep if you have a hectic corporate job that keeps moving your rhythm through different time zones.
In this episode, we dive into:
- Ganesh’s story and journey to worldwide CTO of ManpowerGroup, a Fortune 500 company.
- In the corporate world, it is common to see people following a policy of “sleep when I am dead”. Across corporate work culture, sleep is low priority. Have there been times where Ganesh prioritised everything else over sleep?
- One of the major aspects of poor sleep quality in work culture is that of shift work. This population of shift workers have been researched multiple times looking at the impact of disrupted circadian rhythm. Does Ganesh ever have times where he messes up his circadian rhythm due to travel or stress?
- Poor sleep is often worn as a badge of honour in the corporate world and everywhere. How does Ganesh personally feel that times of poor sleep impacts his brain health, thinking and productivity? What are the common symptoms that come up when he’s had poor sleep?
- What is Ganesh daily routine from wake up to sleep as he juggles this big role as ManpowerGroup’s global CTO? Is it the same most days? What would Ganesh suggest as a daily routine for someone who is in the corporate world? How can they learn to balance between productivity and personal sleep care?
- Many businesses globally are waking up to the importance of sleep. Some have sofas in the office to catch a nap. With discovering that poor sleep impacts performance, productivity, absenteeism, turnover rates, profitability, safety, health care costs and mental health of employees, more and more companies need to prioritise sleep for employees. Have he ever found companies where you have worked bringing in some practices that improve employees sleep quality?
- Do you feel food served in companies play a role in poor sleep quality?
- What are his personal recommendations to busy executives and corporate employees for better sleep especially for those who shift through time zones?
For more on Ganesh Ramakrishnan, you can follow him:
-For more on Deepa, The Sleep Whisperer, be sure to follow her on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/mysleepwhisperer/ and https://www.instagram.com/phytothrive_yogini/ and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/sleepwhisperer and you can also mail Deepa at [email protected] or find her at www.phytothrive.com.