017 – Hashimoto’s & Sleep with Stacey Robbins
Stacey Robbins is a soulful storyteller and key influencer in the global conversation on healing your life through Hashimoto’s. Her award-winning book, “You’re Not Crazy and You’re Not Alone” is filled with hilarious, honest, and heart-aching moments along the journey of doctors telling her the symptoms were all in her head, to telling her a year and a half later to get her affairs in order. Stacey holds nothing back as she weaves her heroic tale and playfully inspires women from all walks of life to see that we can use every circumstance — including a diagnosis — as a way to transform our victim mindset, rediscover our sense of humour, and learn to love ourselves again.
Having brought herself back from the edge of a health crisis and losing over 100 pounds, Stacey addresses some of the important aspects of our healing: the spiritual, mindset, and emotions that affect every area of our health. Stacey’s approach with her clients and community is focused on reminding us that we are the most powerful healer in our lives and taking 100% responsibility for our life, health, happiness, and peace.
In her darkest moments she dreamed her life and then, has been able to rise live the life of her dreams: Raising her family in unique ways, traveling cross-country and then, to Europe for months on end, leading gorgeous boutique retreats in Italy, and writing her book, “An Unconventional Life: Where Messes and Magic Collide” where she shares the wisdoms and tales of a life lived outside of the norm.
She brings all of this — and more — to her community as a speaker, coach, and dream advocate. Women walk away feeling relieved, comforted, and empowered and more at home in their very own soul.
In this episode, we dive into:
“Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and Sleep”
- Stacey’s trauma, health, accident, amazing weight loss and subsequent recovery.
- How does feeling worthy and not being in conflict with yourself play a role in choice of healing foods and in the quality of relationships?
- What are Stacey’s specific sleep challenges with Hashimoto’s? How does stillness play a deep role in sleep
- What is her powerful 100 day practice?
- The biggest struggle women have with sleep when they have Hashimoto’s, is associated with managing temperature.
- What was it like for Stacey and what does she see concerning specific foods and her temperature?
- Is there a best way someone with Hashimoto’s can improve their sleep through diet and lifestyle changes?
- What is your single most important shift that positively impacted the management of Hashimoto’s, sleep and fatigue?
For more on Stacey Robbins, you can follow her:
-For more on Deepa, The Sleep Whisperer, be sure to follow her on Instagram @mysleepwhisperer and @phytothrive_yogini, on Facebook Deepa Kannan. You can also mail Deepa at [email protected] or find her at www.phytothrive.com and www.sleepwhisperer.pro