028 – How To Use Nutrition, Supplements, And Habits To Create An Epic Sleep with Derek Henry
Derek Henry, Founder of Healing the Body and the THRIVE Academy, used nutrition, natural remedies, and a holistic lifestyle to naturally unravel 13 chronic disease conditions that conventional or alternative medical professionals couldn’t help him resolve. As a result of this one-in-a-million health transformation and the knowledge acquired in the process, he is now happier and healthier than he has ever been and now educates, coaches, and inspires thousands of others to transform their health through a natural and holistic approach. To date, he has helped his THRIVE Academy participants heal over 20 different chronic disease conditions, primarily related to digestive and autoimmune concerns.
In this episode, we dive into:
“How to use nutrition, supplements, and habits to create an epic sleep”
- How did Derek move from that space of chronic disease and the fire of severe inflammation and pain to a space of full resolution?
- What are habits and specific diets that impact the quality of sleep.
- What daily habits can you incorporate to stay in a healthy circadian rhythm?
- How does Derek use a mostly plant based diet to support his health and his sleep?
- What are Derek’s controversial thoughts about how much protein you need?
- What would be a dietary framework and specific foods to support good sleep?
- What is the difference being 95% plant based and completely plant based?
- How can you tweak a very popular me time in a way that it works for your sleep?
- What are some of the deficiencies that trigger poor sleep?
- What are some supplements for a deep sleep? What is Derek’s magical trifecta of sleep supplements?
- What are specific teas that work like sleep supplements?
For more on Derek Henry, you can follow him:
THRIVE Academy: https://healingthebody.ca/thrive-lifestyle-academy/
-For more on Deepa:
Deepa is a Yoga therapist for over two decades and a Functional Nutritionist for five. She brings together her experience in therapeutic & transformational yoga and deep learning in nutrition based on the principles of functional medicine to her practice Phytothrive. The focus has been on merging together the deep science of the functional world with the deep symbolism of ancient wisdom. She has a masterful understanding of the human anatomy with cohesive understanding of physiology to offer what can be classified as true bio-individual mind, body & spirit nutrition. Having a son with a rare adrenal condition gave her a deep insight into the working of the adrenals and the stress response, as it relates to all health and sleep.
Her articles have been shared by Dr Mark Hyman, MD, a 13 times NY Times Bestselling Author twice. She also gave the opening speech on Health Hacks at Amazon Web Services & YourStory HeathTech 2019 to heads of healthcare start-ups in India. Deepa has twenty years of experience in wellness, where she has focus on sleep nutrition, women’s health, detoxification, skin health and adrenal function. She is in the YourStory100 Digital Influencers Of 2020.
? Get her newsletter on every vitamin and mineral and see what it does in your body: https://phytothrive.com
Get All Her Free Guides:
? Phytonutrient Power: https://phytothrive.com/food-spirit/
? Beginner’s Guide To Functional Nutrition: https://phytothrive.com/about/
? Website: https://phytothrive.com
?YourStory Articles: https://yourstory.com/author/deepakannan
?YourStory 100 Digital Influencers 2020: https://yourstory.com/2020/12/yourstory-100-digital-influencers-2020
To work with Deepa:
?Write to: [email protected]
?Write to: [email protected]