065 – Vitamin D, Microbiome & Sleep With Dr Stasha Gominak, Neurologist
Dr. Gominak grew up and attended college in California, moved to Houston for medical school at Baylor College of Medicine, where she received an MD degree in 1983. Her Neurology residency was done at the Harvard affiliated, Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. She practiced Neurology in the San Francisco Bay area from 1991-2004 then moved with her husband to Tyler, Texas. Starting in 2004 she began to dedicate more of her practice to the treatment of sleep and sleep disorders.
In 2012 and 2016 she published two pivotal articles about the global struggle with worsening sleep, the possible causes and solutions, related to vitamin D deficiency and the intestinal microbiome. In 2016 she retired from her office practice to have more time to teach. She currently divides her time between RightSleep® coaching sessions for private individuals and teaching other clinicians the RightSleep® method of sleep repair.
Vitamin D, Microbiome and Sleep
- What made Dr Gominak focus on sleep so early on?
- Why is insomnia so misunderstood and is empathy sometimes lacking for those who suffer?
- What is the role of vitamin D and why is it critical to sleep? How much is required for someone who has severe sleep challenges?
- What is the role of nutrients to restore the microbiome? What is the role of the microbiome in sleep?
- What is the link between the B vitamins and the microbiome? Why are there 8 Bs?
- What triggers Acetylcholine deficiency? What is the link between Acetylcholine and sleep?
- The microbiome makes serotonin, using vitamin D and pyridoxine. What does this say for anxiety and sleep and also the link between antidepressants and sleep?
- What is Dr Gominak’s Right Sleep method of sleep repair?
- What is the connection between heartburn, vitamin D and antacids?
For more on Dr Stasha Gominak, you can follow her:
-For more on Deepa:
Deepa is a Yoga therapist for over two decades and a Functional Nutritionist for five. She brings together her experience in therapeutic & transformational yoga and deep learning in nutrition based on the principles of functional medicine to her practice Phytothrive. The focus has been on merging together the deep science of the functional world with the deep symbolism of ancient wisdom. She has a masterful understanding of the human anatomy with cohesive understanding of physiology to offer what can be classified as true bio-individual mind, body & spirit nutrition. Having a son with a rare adrenal condition gave her a deep insight into the working of the adrenals and the stress response, as it relates to all health and sleep.
Her articles have been shared by Dr Mark Hyman, MD, a 13 times NY Times Bestselling Author twice. She also gave the opening speech on Health Hacks at Amazon Web Services & YourStory HeathTech 2019 to heads of healthcare start-ups in India. Deepa has twenty years of experience in wellness, where she has focus on sleep nutrition, women’s health, detoxification, skin health and adrenal function. She is in the YourStory100 Digital Influencers Of 2020.
💎 Get her newsletter on every vitamin and mineral and see what it does in your body: https://phytothrive.com/
💎YourStory 100 Digital Influencers 2020: https://yourstory.com/2020/12/yourstory-100-digital-influencers-2020/
To work with Deepa:
💎Write to: [email protected]
💎Write to: [email protected]