104 – Inflammation, Colourful Food & Sleep With Dr Deanna Minich
Dr. Deanna Minich is a holistically minded health educator and author with more than twenty years of experience in nutrition, mind-body-spirit health, and functional medicine. Dr. Minich holds master’s and doctorate degrees in Nutrition and Medical Sciences and has lectured globally on health topics, teaching patients and health professionals. She is a Fellow of the American College of Nutrition, a Certified Nutrition Specialist, and a Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner. Dr. Minich teaches for the Institute for Functional Medicine and for the graduate program in functional medicine at the University of Western States. She serves on the Board of Directors for the American Nutrition Association and is President of the American College of Nutrition. Her passion is bringing forth a colourful whole-self approach to nourishment and bridging the gaps between science, soul, and art in medicine. She has published six books on health and wellness, and over forty scientific publications.
- How did Dr Minich come to love colour?
- Are red foods a double edged sword? How can red foods be the divining rod to help you understand inflammation?
- How do orange foods help to balance hormones for better sleep? How do carotenoids connect to body composition and changes in sleep?
- How do yellow foods, fibre and grains support gut health, microbiome health and optimal sleep?
- How is green the greatest category of plant foods? How do green foods support the vascular and lymphatic systems?
- What are blue green foods? How does the manner and rhythm we eat impact sleep and longevity?
- How are blue purple foods such a star in mood, brain health and sleep?
- How is fasting supportive to inflammation and sleep? Why is vitamin D not the holy grail vitamin?
For more on Dr Deanna Minich you can follow her:
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/deannaminich/
Links to books: https://deannaminich.com/books/
-For more on Deepa:
Deepa is an Allied Functional Medicine Practitioner, Author and a Yogini at Phytothrive. Having a son with a rare adrenal disorder gave her insight into the working of the adrenals. Her articles have been shared by Dr Mark Hyman, MD, a 14 times NY Times Bestselling Author. She also gave the opening speech on Health Hacks at Amazon Web Services & YourStory HeathTech 2019 to heads of healthcare start-ups in India. She is in the YourStory100 Digital Influencers Of 2020. Her book on sleep with HarperCollins releases in 2022. She has been featured on the award winning podcast 15-Minute Matrix discussing sleep.
💎 Website: https://phytothrive.com
💎Blue Light Blockers: https://vivarays.com?sca_ref=1132978.lTmZvKjZ2k
💎15-Minute Matrix featuring Deepa: Sleep
💎YourStory 100 Digital Influencers 2020: https://yourstory.com/2020/12/yourstory-100-digital-influencers-2020
To work with Deepa:
💎Write to: [email protected]
💎Write to: [email protected]