Brain health is immensely important if you want to work towards manifesting your purpose in life. Clarity should combine with creativity and guide you towards all that you are meant to bring to the world. I am sure that you have great destiny in this world!
Your brain and nervous system require the support of phytonutrients and fats. One of the ways that you can be mentally clear and full of creativity is to eat brain boosting foods often. The definition of an elixir is a magical potion or a medical potion designed to cure. An example of an elixir is a potion made in medieval times believed to make a person live forever. In my mind, an elixir is something which is a drink that can transform a system or organ in your body, allowing it to function at it’s very peak.
As you keep seeing all my recipes, I have three stars of the show, in this case, it’s mulberry, lavender and cashewnuts. Remember my mantra, which is enjoy food from concept to creation to consumption! You really want to bring your awareness. Intention matters. If you think that your brain needs a boost, try this simple recipe, loaded with brilliant ingredients.
Let’s breakdown the ingredients of this recipe before going into it.
- Mulberry– Mulberries are in season now and loaded with the phytonutrient anthocyanin, which is a brain food and one of the nutrients that can potentially be beneficial in preventing mood fluctuations, anxiety and depression. There are a ton of vitamins and minerals in mulberries including Vitamin C, E, Potassium and Iron. For more information on vitamins and minerals, read my e-book!
- Lavender–Ancient Greeks used Lavender in their baths to relax and soothe. Hypnos was thought to be surrounded by sleep inducing opiates. Think of using of breathing in the aroma and feeling the bliss of calmness descending into your body, mind and my very spirit.
- Cashews–Cashews are a misunderstood food. All I hear is that they are an unhealthy nut high in cholesterol. They are a magnesium rich nut, which is great for women’s health and in promoting calm. They are also packed with zinc, a start for immune and brain health. They are also a rich source of tryptophan which converts to serotonin and is helpful with anxiety.
Always remind yourself that food is medicine! If you try this out and love it as much as I do, share a picture on instagram and tag me @phytothrivefunctionalnutrition!
An Elixir with the intention of improving brain clarity with a rich supply of phytonutrients. All my recipes are really simple. I understand that you are really busy, but I also want you to look towards food as something that is simple and is an empowering tool in your hands. You do not need anyone to make things for you. It's super simple!
- 20 Cashews
- 1 cup Mulberries
- Few drops Lavender Essence
- 1 tsp Manuka Honey
- 1 scoop Protein powder Optional. Use Collagen, Whey Isolate or Vegan Protein
Soak the cashews in hot water for few hours. Grind them smooth with very little water. Add more water to make a glass of cashew milk. Many cashew milk recipes call for filtering. I don't do that.
Gently wash the mulberries in clean water and tap dry.
Blend all the ingredients together and consume absolutely fresh. Observe yourself in a few hours. Do you notice if your brain feels calm? Do you have more clarity and creativity?