Hormone Balancing Choco Hazelnut Cream
Hormone Balancing Foods
Hormone health is critical to how every area of life goes forward. You deserve to have everything great happen for you at work, in relationships and in life. I have found that by eating more hormone balancing foods, I feel better. Hormones should be a graceful wave, ebbing and flowing through the month. In women, the luteal phase before a period is especially susceptible to challenges. If hormones are not flowing gracefully, you might face problems. Are you on the constant search for hormone balancing foods? I think that you’re in the right place!
Do your need hormone balancing foods?
Your endocrine system requires the support of proteins and fats. It can then maintain blood sugar balance, adrenal balance and hormonal balance. One of the ways that you can be full of energy and have a balanced mood is to eat hormone balancing foods.
Do you struggle with your hormones?
As a woman, you probably might struggle with cravings, low energy, insomnia and mood fluctuations during the luteal phase. I had deep benefits by working on my blood sugar balance and hormone balance through food and lifestyle. Hormone balancing foods are deeply supportive to better mood, energy and health. This is a great indulgence. I have found it deeply beneficial and supportive to better energy and even better moods.
As you keep seeing all my recipes, I have three stars of the show. In this case, it’s dark chocolate, hazelnuts and raisins. Remember my mantra, which is enjoy food from concept to creation to consumption! You really want to bring your awareness. Intention matters. If you think that your hormones needs some support with a great hormone balancing food, try this simple recipe, loaded with brilliant ingredients.
Let’s breakdown the ingredients of this recipe before going into it:
This hormone balancing chocolate hazelnut cream is a wonderful indulgence when you are craving chocolate and something sweet. Are you premenstrual? This is a great treat!
- Dark Chocolate– Dark Chocolate is a rich antioxidant, powerfully fighting oxidative stress and supportive to energy. It is rich in magnesium which helps during the luteal phase for women. It could also play a key role in brain health! I consider it a hormone balancing food. Do be cautious with dark chocolate. Although it might seem to be portrayed as a super food, it is also very high in histamine. I have a problem with it due to skin conditions and allergies. For more information on vitamins and minerals, read my e-book!
- Hazelnuts–Hazelnuts are rich in healthy fats, and loaded with magnesium and calcium. Both minerals are required in higher amounts during the luteal phase. It is heart healthy and good for your skin, bones, joints, muscles and dgestive system. The healthy fats makes this a hormone balancing food.
- Raisins–This natural sweetener is especially good for hormones because they ease constipation and optimised hormone metabolism. When they are combined with healthy fats and proteins, it maintains stable blood sugar. They are rich in vitamins, minerals, fibre and pack a punch, provided they are used moderately.
If you have chronic fatigue, then you do need to consider deeper root causes. You can read about root causes to chronic fatigue here. Always remind yourself that food is medicine! If you try this out and love it as much as I do, share a picture on instagram and tag me @phytothrivefunctionalnutrition! Do you search for hormone balancing foods? You might also like this hormone balancing smoothie!
Hormone Balancing Choco Hazelnut Cream
- 10 Hazelnuts presoaked for 5-6 hours
- 10 Cashewnuts presoaked for 5-6 hours
- 10 Raisins presoaked for 5-6 hours
- 1 square Dark Chocolate I used Lindt 90% dark. You can also use a teaspoon of dark cacao powder
- Few drops Stevia
- 5 cubes Ice
- Soak the hazelnuts, cahsewnuts and raisins overnight or for 5-6 hours
- Discard the soaking water. Blend the soaked hazelnuts, raisins, cashew, stevia, dark chocolate, ice and quarter cup cool water until smooth and creamy. Consume very fresh!