Sparkling Hibiscus & Rose Drink
Do you feel tired all the time? Do you need a cooling drink?
It’s remarkable how many people, women especially, have challenges with adrenal health. If you struggle with adrenal function, you might oscillate between feeling wired and tired. You might be unable to sleep at night but feel exhausted in the morning. This might mean that your adrenals definitely need some support. One of the things that I have my female clients do, is to bring in drinks that feel energising and exciting. Think of a cooling drink that is healthy that you can look forward to in the day. Red foods support immune health, adrenal health. They also reduce inflammation as they are usually rich in polyphenols and Vitamin C. It’s great during PMS to cool the heat!
Cool yourself with this
Hibiscus & Rose Sparkling Cooling Drink
I think everyone should create a cooling drink or an elixir for themselves, which reflects their personality. It should support you in moving towards how you want to be. If you feel that you would like to be a little more calm, balanced and gentle with yourself, rose is a wonderful option. This recipe is the first in my series of rainbow teas, each with a different intention. Hibsicus has a wonderful balance between sweetness and sourness. People with adrenal issues also struggle with blood sugar balance. My sparkling rose and hibiscus drink has only monk fruit or stevia to sweeten it. If you do not have those, or if you want to have this drink as part of a balanced meal, to complete it, then you can replace the stevia with some raw honey.
I cannot say enought about hibiscus. The colour is so rich and inviting, that it just calls out to me. Here’s another thing I want to say about colourful food, is that intuitively, you will find yourself enjoying what your body really needs. Since I have very sensitive adrenals, I really enjoy this cooling drinkk. This is a great drink to move towards in the summer months, as it is very refreshing and cooling to your body as well. I hope you enjoy it every single day!
As you keep seeing all my recipes, I have three stars of the show, in this case, it’s hibiscus, rose and peppermint. Remember my mantra, which is enjoy food from concept to creation to consumption! You really want to bring your awareness. Intention matters. If you think that you need a cooling drink, try this simple recipe, loaded with brilliant ingredients.
Let’s breakdown the ingredients of this recipe before going into it:
- Hibiscus– More than anything, hibiscus is colourful, refreshing and exciting! There are a ton of phytonutrients in hibiscus that will help combat cellular damage and support your mitochondria. Polyphenols are anti-cancer. and hibiscus might also benefit your liver health! For more information on vitamins and minerals, read my e-book!
- Rose–Rose ia also rich in polyphenols that are anti-inflammatory and support brain health. It is a wonderful drink for feminine health and is supportive to menstrual health. It supports stress relief and helps anxiety bringing an overall sense of calm.
- Peppermint–Peppermint extract is exhilarating! One of my young clients once had me smell a bottle of peppermint extract that spun me into a world of magic and fascination. It supports digestion, is wonderful for oral health, makes your breath smell great and is also helpful to menstrual health. It can reduce headaches and improve sleep too!
Always remind yourself that food is medicine! With so many ingredients that support feminine health, I call this drink a female wonder. If you would like to connect more to your feminine side, bring this in to your daily routine. If you try this out and love it as much as I do, share a picture on instagram and tag me @phytothrivefunctionalnutrition! You might also like to see if your cycle is in sync with the moon!
My recipes are all super simple, but all of them have an intention towards a system in the body. My intention is that you learn to use food as medicine, but in the simplest way possible. You might also like to try this Lavender & Mulberry Elixer!
Sparkling Hibiscus & Rose Drink
- 1 tbsp Dried Hibiscus
- 1 tbsp Dried Rose Petals
- 6 drops Stevia
- 1 drop Peppermint Extract
- 1 Glass Sparkling Water Or Soda
- Soak the dried hibiscus and rose in just enough hot water to cover. Allow it to soak for 3 minutes.
- Strain the tea and add stevia, peppermint, sparkling water and ice and consume fresh!